Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is, Am, Are Practice for beginners - Hickey Style lesson

 I like using the Hickey Method to teach the Alephabet, but now with one set of students, I want to teach grammar.  They like the format of the Hickey http://dye.macam.ac.il/dyellin_open.htm.  My students are also artists, so here is the lesson plan that I gave them, and then you can see the pictures that they drew!  Free free to use this in your teaching.  http://rachaelorbach.weebly.com



This is the text, and here I have the students say or write the correct verb. 


Write in is/am/are  - Rachael Alice Orbach 
The bag _____________ blue.
We _________  wearing blue shirts.
The children ___________ young.
The man _________ is old.
The  game ______ easy.
Chess _____ is hard.
The rocks __________ grey.
The grass __________ green.
I ____________happy.
She __________sad.
Teddy __________my friend
Tom __________not my friend.



Word List
1

bag

2

children

3

game

4

old

5

friend

6

rocks

7

hard

8

 sad

9

 green

10

blue

11

grass

12

Shirt
shirts


This is the game that we play with the new words that were learned in the lesson.    
This is Nati's drawing of the story, he didn't get that far because he spent most of his time drawing the word list.



No comments:

Baby Shark Game like Hangman. . .

This is an example of how I played the game today with a student:  You can print this or play it using Zoom! I think of a word from the less...