Monday, September 29, 2014

How to sign up with a DSL Satellite company - Business English

There are many places in the world where running an Internet Cable network is unfeasible.  In these places, you can either go on the Internet with your phone, or you can get a Satellite Network.

Go to this website, look around and then come back here and do this role play.
!http://www.skydsl.eu/en-NL/Internet-via-satellite

You are the customer, and your teacher is the ISP provider.  Ask your teacher these questions and then make your decision whether to sign up or not
Which countries are eligible to order service from this company?
How much is the monthly contract?
What is the minimum amount of time that I have to sign up for?
How fast is the service?
Does it matter how much I use the service?
How long does it take to install the system?
If I order the system today, when can I start to use it?
What if I don't like the system, can I get my money back?
How difficult is it to use the system?
What does "No Fair Use Policy" mean?
What if I don't want the TV option, can I get a discount?
What is the total set up cost that I have to pay right now?
Who do I call if the system goes down because of a hardware problem?
Who do I call if the system goes down because of a software problem?
How long does it take to get service for hardware problems?  Software problems?
What are the requirements to become an "Online Partner?"
What are the rates for Business customers?
What are the services offered for business customers?
How does Spot Beam technology improve service?
Where should I put the satellite receiver so I can get the best reception?
How big is the receiver?



Lesson Plan by Rachael Alice Orbach - Professional English Teacher


No comments:

Common vocabulary words to study for this week's English test!

  Words to learn today!  Many students have English tests coming up this week, so here is a list of common words that might come up on your ...