Skip to main content

Magic Tree House Afternoon on the Amazon Chapter 9 Student Assignment Sheet

Magic Tree House

Afternoon on the Amazon

Chapter 9

Student Assignment Sheet




While Reading Make a chart of the events that happen in this chapter










Background Reading

Pennsylvania Facts
Interesting facts and pictures about Pennsylvania

Vocabulary
grinning verb – to smile without showing the teeth
The small baby finally learned how to grin.
amazing adjective causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.
Example: I went to an amazing exhibit at the science museum last weekend.

Pronunciation
grinning grin ing

clapping blend the cl
Questions
What notes did Jack write in his notebook so far?
__________________________________________________________________________
What would you write?

Why can’t they find the Pennsylvania book?


What time of day was it?


Why did the monkey keep throwing the fruit?


How does Annie understand what the monkey wants?


Homework:
Have you ever lost something that was important to you? How do you go about trying to find it? Write about a lost object, tell what it was, when was the last time you saw it, and how you found it.










__________________________________________________________________________






Example:
I bought a watch for my birthday. I needed a watch because it is not polite to keep having to pull out my phone to see the time when I am talking to friends, or if I am teaching in a class.
So I bought a watch. The only problem is that I am not sure if the watch is waterproof or not. So, when I needed to do the dishes, I took the watch off. This was a couple of days ago. I was looking all around for the watch, and the way I look for things is to clean up. So, I cleaned up my desk, I cleaned up the kitchen, I cleaned up my room. No watch. So finally I started to look for my brush, and I found the watch in the bathroom!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to teach the poem IF with Higher Order Thinking skills

If....

    By Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream, and not make dreams your master;
If you can think, and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve an…

Learn English during the Summer! Summer 2016!

Start your summer early and improve your English! 

Learning English can be a drag during the summer.  Students want to be outside in the sun, or go on holiday!

Why not combine the two?

Read this blog post and go on vacation to learn English!

http://www.live-english.net/blog/improving-your-english/english-learning-holiday/

If you want on-line lessons, then go to this link: https://classdo.com/Rainshadow 

Rachael Alice.

P.S.  I'm  teaching privately here in Jerusalem this summer as well! 
Use your time to get ready for next year!  Intensive English class to get into 7th grade English!  We will use the book Panorama to review everything that was covered from 4-6th grades! 
e-mail at E-Mail Rachael Alice